For our english speaking guests

Moderator: Moderatoren2

g00gle
Feldwebel
Feldwebel
Einheitenset: mk3
Re: Very New

Beitrag von g00gle »

did you configure an recompile with --enable-extradata?
try sudo make clean
Ich habe zwar keine Lösung, bewundere aber das Problem!
Madlock
Soldat
Soldat

Beitrag von Madlock »

I have no idea why it did not work. I compiled everything from scratch and now these additional maps works. :)
Probably I've done something wrong last time .
Thanks for your advice.
g00gle
Feldwebel
Feldwebel
Einheitenset: mk3

Beitrag von g00gle »

--enable extradata is a parameter which enables the output of another file - the pbp-file. As i said, it contains additional unit definitions (AFAIK) which are usually not needed. You did not exactly do something wrong ;-)
as a result you did not have all the units which are mentioned in the unitguide, like the ISG pathfinder. Since they are only for PBP - usually.
Ich habe zwar keine Lösung, bewundere aber das Problem!
Jered
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Jered »

Hello Madlock,
I thought I should also welcome you to PBP, not in the name of all those experts, but in the name of the newcomers. I am one of them.

The main reason I contacted you, is because I am not German either - I am Belgian (yes, indeed that little spot on the worldmap for which you need a magnifying glass to be able to see it ;) ). I am not sure if I can be of a big help to you, because I am already 53 and am learning ASC at a very slow pace (since june). I am only playing my 2nd duell now. 1st one was a catastrophy. 2nd is quite good, but only because my very generous partner Excalibur let me have a huge advantage in Units. He is also incredibly patient with me. I am sure he has had to take sick leave a few times, after all the questions I asked him :mrgreen:. For instance, one should actually finish turns in 1 day, but sometimes I need up to two weeks for one move!

I actually started by going through the ASC tutorial. I have now reached level 8 - quite a challenge !

Anyway, just to let you know, you're not the only 'strange' fish in the bowl.

And indeed you are exactly right. When I discovered ASC, I was flabbergasted about the mammoth job that was done in creating this game. Not only at first, but still today, after 5 months. I am still only scratching the surface of this incredible game. Only very sad, that usually I only have a few minutes a day to play it.

By the way, the people 'running' this game are very helpful and nice, considering the fact that all this is done by internet!

I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.

Of course if I can be of any help to you just let me know.

greetings,
Jered
Ein Allmächtiger ist mehr als alle Mächtigen zusammen (William Gurnall)
Madlock
Soldat
Soldat

Beitrag von Madlock »

Jered hat geschrieben: Anyway, just to let you know, you're not the only 'strange' fish in the bowl.
Good to know :)
I'm from Eastern Europe and I'm 30.
I'm just learning this game, but I already think that the game is worth to be promoted. So now I'm creating a kind of guide and review in Polish, because there is none of this stuff in my language. I think that the greater popularity of the game, the greater the chance that it will be improved by developers.

This game is a bit like Total Annihilation in turn-based mode XD
ehemaliger User

Beitrag von ehemaliger User »

Hello!

I am very happy you found us!
Jered
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von Jered »

Madlock hat geschrieben:review in Polish
Djen Dobry,

Sounds exciting. Very good idea. I am actualy amazed that the game is not known better. It certainly does deserve to be known by a wider public.
Ein Allmächtiger ist mehr als alle Mächtigen zusammen (William Gurnall)
Wessix
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter
Einheitenset: Cromoner

Beitrag von Wessix »

Hi, man sollte bei den Abhängigkeiten für die Linux_installation auch noch "zip" eintragen, das wird auch benötigt. Hilfreicher wäre es evtl auch die konkreten Namen aus z.B. dem getUbuntuPackages script zu nehmen, sonst sucht man sich wenn man nicht gerade Ubuntu hat kaputt.
Antworten