For our english speaking guests

Moderator: Moderatoren2

Retro
Soldat
Soldat

Very New

Beitrag von Retro »

Hi,

I played Battle Isle 2 a very long time ago and thoroughly enjoyed it... however I can't remember much about it. I have a love of turn based strategy games and was searching for something to occupy my my interest. So very recently I discovered ASC. I have to say that it is an absolute masterpiece. The detail is phenominal, but without having too much micro management. I have been eager to play but being a 'linguistically challenged' Englishman I have found it hard going. Plus I have no friends who are interested in such things.

I have also read some information about PBP and it sounds amazing, I would very much like to give it a try BUT, here come my questions:

1. Are there any English speaking Games?

2. If not would I find it very difficult being the 'linguistically challenged' fool that I am?

3. Would I be even welcomed at all?

Well, i'll finish by saying thankyou very much for this game. Whatever happens I know that I will get some enjoyment from it.

Hope to hear from someone soon :-)
ehemaliger User

Re: Very New

Beitrag von ehemaliger User »

1. Are there any English speaking Games?

Yes! There is one englishman and almost all germans speak a little bit english.

2. If not would I find it very difficult being the 'linguistically challenged' fool that I am?

No! Its easy!

3. Would I be even welcomed at all?

NO! We will gather our armys to fight you! :lol:

The first one is Arkmorn, the englishman! I hope he will help you! Send a PN!
After this I will be pleased to start a game!
g00gle
Feldwebel
Feldwebel
Einheitenset: mk3

Beitrag von g00gle »

you would also be very welcome to join us in #asc-pbp on quakenet (IRC)

please tell us, if you do not speak german and don't be afraid, if everyone is idle. We will come to talk.
Ich habe zwar keine Lösung, bewundere aber das Problem!
Retro
Soldat
Soldat

Beitrag von Retro »

Thankyou very much for the replies. I will look into how to start a multiplayer game. I was searching for maps where the player starts with the bare minimum, this was so that I could learn the game from the ground up. But it seems I could not find any maps like this. So I have started to make my own map with this in mind. This alone has taught me much about the game.

I think I would like to play a few standard ASC games before looking into PBP. No point in running before you can walk ;-)
ehemaliger User

Hello!

Do you have a PBEM-Account?

http://www.battle-planet.de/pbp/main/pbem_server.php

Its a nice tool to play ASC!

I will start a game, when you got one!
Retro
Soldat
Soldat

Beitrag von Retro »

Ah thanks again :-) I have created an account now yes. If you need my user name it is 'Retro' just like my forum account name.
ehemaliger User

Now please go into the group for duelplayers :-)
Retro
Soldat
Soldat

Beitrag von Retro »

Hmmm whenever I click on any of the options on that page it instantly logs me out. The only option I can access is 'running games'
ehemaliger User

Hmmm

I don´t know what to do!

-

Kann da jemand helfen?
Retro
Soldat
Soldat

Beitrag von Retro »

I tried with a different browser and it works :-) .... only problem is that browser does not have translate :-(
Antworten