For our english speaking guests

Moderator: Moderatoren2

Antworten
Don Dixon
Soldat
Soldat

Music Problems

Beitrag von Don Dixon »

Hi. Just wanted to know if anyone else have the same problem.

The 3 .ogg music files will not start. When i enter "options/sound" and press the "diagnostic" i get the following message.

" Could not load music files "
Sdl reports error failed loading libvorbisfile-3.dll
Cant find the designated module
Last message from mixer..

I installed the game on 2 of my computers, and got the same error on both. When i search for the libvorbisfile-3.dll
i dont find it.

Sound effects works, but not the music.

Any ideas anyone?

Best regards Don Dixon
Snake
Oberstabsfeldwebel
Oberstabsfeldwebel
Einheitenset: Cybs
Re: Music Problems

Beitrag von Snake »

I didn't test it, but try to rename the file
vorbisfile.dll -> to -> libvorbisfile-3.dll

Maybe it's a typo in the source.
You are either a player or a victim.
MTP123654
Soldat
Soldat

Beitrag von MTP123654 »

I just couldn't resist helping! This is my first post on here. I noticed that I HAD the same problem and I believe I can help! Just let me know that you are still having problems and I will help get your music running!
MTP123654
Soldat
Soldat

Beitrag von MTP123654 »

Snake hat geschrieben:I didn't test it, but try to rename the file
vorbisfile.dll -> to -> libvorbisfile-3.dll

Maybe it's a typo in the source.
I had the same problem as Don Vixon and libvorbisfile-3.dll doesn't come with the Windows installation apparently. :| So, no, it is not a typo in the source!

Oh, and I do know that you have been here for quite some time now, all I'm doing is updating on what you know about this topic.
TheCoder
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von TheCoder »

I don't understand the problem, because on my system ASC doesn't have a dependency to libvorbisfile-3.dll

You can view the dependencies using the DependencyWalker from http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Load ASC there and enable "View Full Path". It should look similar to the attached image (though you probably didn't install on z: )
But all dependencies leading to vorbisfile are from the local ASC installation directory.
Dateianhänge
vorbis.png
vorbis.png (7.31 KiB) 9206 mal betrachtet
MTP123654
Soldat
Soldat

Beitrag von MTP123654 »

TheCoder hat geschrieben:I don't understand the problem, because on my system ASC doesn't have a dependency to libvorbisfile-3.dll

You can view the dependencies using the DependencyWalker from http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Load ASC there and enable "View Full Path". It should look similar to the attached image (though you probably didn't install on z: )
But all dependencies leading to vorbisfile are from the local ASC installation directory.
Well, I do run Microsoft XP Service Pack 3..... (Maybe Don runs it too?) That could do something with it. I got the same error message about the music that Don got. All I did was download libvorbisfile-3.dll and place it in my ASC directory. I then restarted my computer and the music played. :?:
Retro
Soldat
Soldat

Beitrag von Retro »

Ah thanks very much. I'm using win7 and sp3. I haven't got the music to work up until now. I had to go and get the music files from an older version of ASC (2.4) as they are not included in 2.4.95. I then downloaded libvorbis-3.dll, libvorbis-0.dll and libogg-0.dll. After putting the music in the music folder and the dll's in the main dir, I can now hear the music :-)
Antworten