Human vs Human maps

For our english speaking guests

Moderator: Moderatoren2

nosports
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Re: Human vs Human maps

Beitrag von nosports »

I liked the map, especially because i have won...

You can connect the Islands via pipeline only in very late game, because you ned the buildingship to build a pipeline through the deep water.

We played not too long, just 20 turns.

It was a brawl about the islands.
I managed to keep some Terrors and rushed the defenslles HQ, whilst letting the units at the islands have a last standing.

Thoug i don''t think its an error, but i build some powerbuildings and a secound research-institut, so i mananged to build an additionaly fighter and a bomber plane, they took care of the terrors and troopers of the enemy.
If you don't wish to let the player build some buildings you have to change.

Also i would suggest to give more resources and some more units in readily transporters (Raven2 or hoovercrafts), because i (we) got in a little shortage of resources (and units) after the weatherchange. (or it was just me because i runned both reseach at full power)

I personally don't feel the map needs to be bigger. its a nice and fast map.
Just a little more units for starters and some little more resources would be nice.
I would at some more tanks and Anti-Aircarft and transports for them, as mentioned above and i think a spyplane and 2 fighters and maybe a bomber.
And maybe some protection against the rush i managed, maybe two or three AA in the area of the HQ.
Just to play a little more full ;-)

So now we fighting over endor now.
Arkmorn
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von Arkmorn »

Good points.

I have added a town for each player in the South.

Also some extra starting units for each player and some SAM turrets to make a helecopter rush more dificult.

You are right that the game is probably going to be over by the time you can build a Fix ship to make deep pipelines. But you could build a bridge and transport the resources physicaly. I have added an Atuin and if you build a rail bridge a train can carry a lot of resources. Of course, you have to protect them from the enamy.

There are a few extra starting units as well to make the game play a little faster at the start. No fighters or bombers though. When I play tested this map my oponent caused me lots of problems with his Zeplins. They would attack then rise to high altitude where I could not get at them. Only when I reseraced fighters did I get air control. So I dont want to provide fighters or bombers right at the start, because this makes the Zeplins obsolite.

I think I do need to add some extra space. Mabye an island in the South for each player with a mine to provide the extra resources as you suggest.

Endor is the first human vs human map I build. Its very small and has even less resources and troops to start with. But if you like a small map that you can play relitivly quickly you will like this map.
Dateianhänge
feord_v2.zip
(8.73 KiB) 259-mal heruntergeladen
Arkmorn (Consolidated Outworlds)
nosports
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von nosports »

Hello,

you should make the SAM-turrets erperienced. Ithink about minimum they should be able to shot down an un- or modest experienced terror with one hit, because if you can land the terror he can unload and then the rush is almost finished.

I didn't thought of the train to haul the resources, but you need to build a very long railway i think you will be finished around turn 30. And you will need a shitload of resources just to tape in the resources of the four islands. I'm not sure if its meaningful for me.
I think its better for the resources to be converted in battelunits, and then later build the fix.
Also i don't know if the builder can build the brigde above the deep water.

Yes i see that endor has even less resources and units. But if i think of endor, as a derelict-forest-planet its ok.

I shouldn't say that here, but i researched the VESUVIUS to build as next some powerstation, because the one thing that is lacking is the energy.
Material and Fuel are plenty for now.
nosports
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Beitrag von nosports »

So i took care of the enemy HQ in Endor.

I was able to get 2 Terrors along with some trooper in reach of the HQ.

I think there would be also some AA and maybe some ditches nice to prevent the heli-rush.

And just for the gameplay i would add some more troopers of all kind and some of the mechs.
They could resemble the troops of Endor, hench the alliance and the republic.

And if you had the setting as in StarWars in mind, i could suggest a change in the map -> Endor4
Expand the north sector and place there in the middle a thirth player which will defend another HQ and some small production (could resemble the bad republic trying to defend against the alliance, CPU-controlled and with modest to heavy defence)
The aim here would be to counquer the thirth player and the enemy alliance-player.
Arkmorn
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von Arkmorn »

Latest verisons

Added a solor power station for each side for Endor

Given the AA some experiance and added a cargo ship in Feiord
Dateianhänge
endor and feord.zip
(15.95 KiB) 261-mal heruntergeladen
Arkmorn (Consolidated Outworlds)