AI Maps

For our english speaking guests

Moderator: Moderatoren2

Arkmorn
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

AI Maps

Beitrag von Arkmorn »

I have been playing with the map editor and learning how to create maps.

Attahced is not difficult to win, but takes a while.

I need to add some more messages and probably some more weather. But the map is quite playable as it is.

Let me know what you think.
Arkmorn (Consolidated Outworlds)
itaker
Oberstabsfeldwebel
Oberstabsfeldwebel
Einheitenset: Rehaner

Re: AI Maps

Beitrag von itaker »

ciao Arkmon, you forget the file to attach :)
Arkmorn
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von Arkmorn »

Yes I have just realised this. Trying again.....
Dateianhänge
forest2.zip
(17.6 KiB) 392-mal heruntergeladen
itaker
Oberstabsfeldwebel
Oberstabsfeldwebel
Einheitenset: Rehaner

Beitrag von itaker »

ciao Arkmon, your maps lookings good! but one player against Three AI Player? why?
Talator
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Beitrag von Talator »

Hi Arkmorn,

you map is well done! I really like how you make the crossing from ocean to land. Overall you put a lot effort in this map and it looks very well.
Arkmorn
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von Arkmorn »

originaly this was a much smaller map with just one AI opponent. Then I added an extra one with sending ships to attack from an island and another sending bombers.

The enamy to the south is very strong, but wont attack until you defeat the blue opponent, unless you send ships south.
Arkmorn
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von Arkmorn »

There is a missing pipeline in this map that means player 2 doesnt build any ships. Corrected in the attached version, which has a few cosmetic improvments and stronger defences for the AI players.
Dateianhänge
forest2.zip
(25.83 KiB) 300-mal heruntergeladen
Arkmorn
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von Arkmorn »

I cant see an email address to send maps to. The web site just says post them here in the forum.

Anyway here is the latest version of Forest, and another AI map.
Dateianhänge
mine.zip
(9.77 KiB) 325-mal heruntergeladen
forest2.zip
(27.12 KiB) 293-mal heruntergeladen
val
Soldat
Soldat

Beitrag von val »

I think I discovered a bug:
The green island never sends planes against me as it did in the first version. When I managed to arrive there with my radar planes, I discovered that the whole landing field is occupied by various units, some of them infantry. The whole southern part of the island is occupied by units, not even one hex is free, so the bombers never take off. I suggest either putting barbed wire to the tankblockers so that the infantry will not wander into the area, or other means to keep them off the airfield.

I liked the mission as a whole, however there might be one area to be improved upon: enemy unit variability. As a significant time is spent fighting against the 3 northern players, it becomes boring after some time that they always send the exact same units. This can even be exploited, by learning what will come and on which route, and one can defend himself against waves upon waves of enemies with only the reaction fire of two artillery units and an ammo truck placed on the right location.For yellow, it becomes a good training ground for my subs as not even one single ship is sent against me with anti-sub capabilities. I suggest adding a few other unit types to the production line, after a certain turns have passed or after the player reached a certain position. And maybe send a few completely different unit types (like a helicopter for the blue, hovercrafts for green or planes for yellow), but very rarely (so not to give them a huge advantage, just to spice things up a little). And maybe add a research lab to one of them, so they can send higher tier units later on.

Currently I "win" the mission in the first 10% of my total turns by stopping the attacks and making myself invulnerable, and the other 90% is spent to actually prove that I won.
Arkmorn
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Beitrag von Arkmorn »

thanks for your feedback

Yes I have seen both problems now. I have changed things around on the island so bombers can take off but its still not right and the AI doesnt attack with Bombers until late in the game.

I agree with your coments about AI production as well. I need to experiment more with the resoources connected to an AI factory to make it more challanging. The main problem with a big map like this is it takes a long time to playtest even a small change.

I need to make some small maps to test out different configurations. Or provide the AI with reinforcments with an event (I only just figured out how to do reinforcements).

The big problem with the AI that I can see is that it doesnt understand about mines. you can defeat the strongest AI with a good minefield and it just charges in and gets blown up. This works for ships as well as infantry and tanks. Even units that can see and remove mines dont seem to atempt to do so.

Anyway latest version attached. it still doesnt adderess the problems you have highlighted but is bigger and has more open space to the north.
Dateianhänge
forest2.zip
Forest Map 12 October 2010
(40.01 KiB) 331-mal heruntergeladen
Antworten